Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I just purchased a 2005 OBXT and realize the brakes are in a bit of a need of an upgrade. Reading around it sounds like the Legacy GT brakes are a good upgrade. I'm not certain I have all the parts correct. Can someone confirm these are the right front calipers that will fit under a 17" wheel:

Centric 141.47041 Semi-loaded Brake Caliper | Auto Parts Warehouse

The price almost seems too cheap to be right....

Any thoughts on rears?

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,358 Posts
LGT brakes are a good upgrade. The heavier rotor is noticeable on hard acceleration, but well worth it for the extra metal to keep it cool.

I know it isn't the positive confirmation you're looking for, but I have never heard of an LGT caliper that wouldn't fit under an outback 17". I went straight to the wilwood/LGT combo and I like it but wish it were quieter.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rasterman,

Did you do rear brakes as well? My inclination is that they're not really necessary. The Wilwood kit seems to be $1k, that sound right to you? The LGT pieces seem to be less than half of that. I've been using this thread as my base-line for parts, and the calipers are a lot cheaper than mentioned in it but I'm not sure it's right.....Found Legacy GT & 04 STi brake kits for cheap!!!!

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,358 Posts
I put more aggressive pads & SS lines on the rear and called it a day. Seems to be fine.

The wilwood kit is pricey, but the goods are fantastic. They added a lot more modulation control. My only complaint is noise- I can't kill the squeak from the hawk pads in them. I'm thinking to try the ceramics next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts