Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a big question. WTF is this thing!? I was poking around the vacuum lines near my PCV valve assembly, Intercooler and I take manifold and found this little guy not hooked up to anything but the wire connector. Does anyone have any idea what this thing is? It looks almost like a duck call.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,172 Posts
Looks very much like the PCV check connector assembly used on my 07 non-turbo.

See this post and the attached photo from my 07. The assembly is at the upper left of the photo; different color, but same shape etc.) Also, this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all of the info, scratch that off my list then since I have a Perrin Turbo Inlet pipe and it doesnt need it. Yes it looks like a duck call to me....... duck call BOV? Nah my neighbors would hate me forever, it’s loud enough already.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Thanks for all of the info, scratch that off my list then since I have a Perrin Turbo Inlet pipe and it doesnt need it. Yes it looks like a duck call to me....... duck call BOV? Nah my neighbors would hate me forever, it’s loud enough already.
Well the Perrin install instructions says the port on the inlet can be plugged. I managed to install the Perrin inlet with all of the factory plumbing correct. I even plumbed in dual catch cans for either side of PCV operations.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,318 Posts
Your mention of Perrin brought to mind their Tribeca they attempted to boost some years back, loads of posting, then all the sudden - poof, gone. I wonder what happened. :|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts