Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 Outback 2.5 Limited and it came with a radio/CD player only. What are my options to play music from my phone?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
859 Posts
I just bought a 2005 Outback 2.5 Limited and it came with a radio/CD player only. What are my options to play music from my phone?

The other route is to replace the radio headunit and the climate control withe JDM 2 DIN faceplate. You will have to also get a harness to hookup the new headunit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Low tech, low cost solution is to get one of these:
There are tons of similar units available. I have one of these and it's working fine for me. I'm also using one of these to hold my phone on a vent:

The more expensive and, frankly, better route is to replace the unit with a JDM 2 DIN panel (and the required cabling) so that you can use a proper head unit.

·
Registered
2006 Legacy Outback 2.5i Limited AT.
87 Posts
Another complicated option is finding a stereo/hvac unit from an 07/08, and wire up the aux in port. There's write-ups on this option here and on the legacygt forum (https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-spec-b-radio-information-thread-50364.html?t=50364). It's what I ended up doing.

You might be able to find a cheap unit with a "malfunctioning" display. Sometimes the contacts behind the stereo faceplate just need cleaning and adjustment, pretty easy fix. No guarantees that this would be the issue with the unit you buy though. Luckily it worked for me.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback
110 Posts
I have a stereo from my 09 with the dual zone climate controls that has just been sitting around. Im not sure if it will work in your car, and i wont be able to get to it until thanksgiving, but if you're interested in it, PM me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts