Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 2005 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5i that has 192k miles on it. Engine has a little over 100k miles.
Before:
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Car

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

After:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Things done:
Mb wheels with Continental tires
Window tint
Depo headlights
JDM tail lights
Nineo LED headlights and fog lights

Maintenance:
Head gasket (of course)
ARP Head Studs
New rotors and pads
Water pump
Timing belt
Thermostat
Spark plugs
Trans flush
New front axles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice! You and I have twins and are doing similar things. Will be keeping an eye on this one. I went with the ceramic tint all the way around (5% on everything except windshield and front 2 windows) and wow did it make a difference on the interior of the car. Much cooler even on the hottest days.

What are your plans for the suspension? I went with coilovers from Rev9. Gotta get under there and do all the bushings too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! You and I have twins and are doing similar things. Will be keeping an eye on this one. I went with the ceramic tint all the way around (5% on everything except windshield and front 2 windows) and wow did it make a difference on the interior of the car. Much cooler even on the hottest days.

What are your plans for the suspension? I went with coilovers from Rev9. Gotta get under there and do all the bushings too.
Yeah 5% is the way to go. Unfortunately I live in the country where no lights at all at any road so after almost hitting deer and other animals by not seeing them with my other vehicles I decided to do 15% on this one in the front and 5% back.

Not sure about suspension yet. I'm looking into it as I want to get something good that will give me the ground clearance I need but also won't put too much strain on the other components.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job.

Where'd you score the JDM tail lights from?
Thanks. And ebay. They were really cheap compared to normal US tails (I think I got these for like $135 or something around there) and came in perfect shape. Even came with JDM wire harness since it has one less wire than the US. I love them though! I'm the only third gen around that has those so far so makes it stick out more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We do love the 5% but did 35% on the front 2 windows. We're also out in the middle of the country and frequently have to slow for bambi to get across the road. Biggest help with that was LED headlight bulbs. World of difference and, anecdotal evidence, the deer run away from the road now instead of towards it, as was seen with the halogens I've had my whole life. That should probably be studied :) Keep us posted as you upgrade! Gonna look for some of those JDM lights too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We do love the 5% but did 35% on the front 2 windows. We're also out in the middle of the country and frequently have to slow for bambi to get across the road. Biggest help with that was LED headlight bulbs. World of difference and, anecdotal evidence, the deer run away from the road now instead of towards it, as was seen with the halogens I've had my whole life. That should probably be studied :) Keep us posted as you upgrade! Gonna look for some of those JDM lights too.
Oh yes I love the LED headlights! And with these headlights I can properly aim it and not blind everyone. I did chase a gremlin when I had a certain LED turn signals for the front it would keep blowing a fuse and make me lose my tail lights. Took me longer than I like to admit to realize it was the stupid LED turn signals that was causing it. Only wasted about 60 fuses lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts