Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Here's the story- I took my outback on a 4 hour drive and was playing cds through out the trip. I started to notice that the cds were becoming very hot when i changed them but didnt think to give the unit a break. The player turned off at some point near the end of the ride and when i returned to my Outback after a 4 day hike the audio unit wouldnt turn back on. I checked the fuse for the unit and it was fine. I replaced it anyways and It still did not turn on. I feel like this should be an easy fix and i dont want to waste any cash so I havent brought it in to a mechanic yet. Does anyone have any insight on this matter or should i just bite the bullet and take it in?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
If the fuse is good then it's an internal problem and a regular mechanic won't help much. You've got a few options with repair or replace being the two main ones. Personally I would look into a replacement since there have been large advances in the options available since 05. Either way I would stop by your local specialty stereo shop and have them look at it. They will be able to give you some information for the places that they would use to repair your unit as well as the pricing to replace it.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
16,261 Posts
^ Dito. Its internal. Something fried.

Anther option over a stereo shop is Crutchfield.com . Start shopping.

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,499 Posts
That vintage is known for dodgy solder joints in the stereo. It might well be repairable but I second lashlee's comments... For the same effort and expense of repair you can upgrade to something modern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts