Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Outback hasn't had heat on the driver side for a while, so I finally decided to get it fixed. At the shop, they tell me that the part is now discontinued. The part number is "72131AG12A". I've looked through about 10 different parts websites and have not found a single one available. Does anybody have one or know where I can get one? It's pretty cold in Idaho and I really don't want to have below zero temperatures with my Air Conditioning on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
764 Posts
I doubt Subaru just decided that a whole bunch of cars don't need working heat. My guess is one of two things has happened. Subaru may have revised the part and given it a new number. Or they sell it in a larger assembly. A dealer parts department should be able to find what you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update for future viewers / possible people with the same problem.

I found the part I needed and had to call a junkyard on the other side of the country and have them pull it out of a junk car, check the part code, and then send it to me. After installation, everything worked properly. Total cost was around $100, 85 for pulling the part and 15 for shipping.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,661 Posts
For those wondering like me what OP is talking about here, this is an HVAC Air Door Actuator servo motor.

An equivalent is called out at this website, and it supposedly fits my 2008 Limited. YMMV as the LLB, XT, and Limited all had a different dual-zone HVAC system.

Price listed is $92.32, so essentially what OP paid once shipping is included.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts