Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 h6 sedans listed rotors and calipers don't fit. I finally figured out Legacy rotors fit but I had to replace a caliper and I can't find the right part number. I've already wasted the money on the larger one. Does anone know why it is listed wrong at all the part stores?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,480 Posts
maybe someone put smaller rotors and calipers on all around, like for plain H4 legacy or ones from the wrong year, or off WRX impreza.

and you are trying to put the right ones on,

______

2 reasons someone went smaller: cheaper.

or they wanted to put some 16" rims on, vs. the 17" that came on the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 subaru outback 3.0r sedan front brakes

Where can I get the calipers to fit the 275mm rotor?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,480 Posts
Where can I get the calipers to fit the 275mm rotor?
merged threads.

one car, plus one problem = one thread.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,578 Posts
I like RockAuto for brake stuff. Good options and fast shipping. Dealing with the core charge and be a hassle, but it's typically not too terrible.

It's possible the rotors/calipers are from a salvage car as well, causing issues.

Subaru splits the brakes by wheel size (around that time). Are they factory wheels? And are you sure it's an 05 model year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have changed the rotors and pads before and had to return the old ones to match them up and they were listed under the legacy model. This time around I had to replace a caliper and the one they gave me is too big. Im certain it's a 05 3.0r sedan. I have read that Production was stopped halfway through during that year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts