Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback LLBean. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i (my fishing car)
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody.
I recently ordered 2 replacement remotes for my car having re-soldered the push button connections on the old ones so often over the past 4 years that they were a mess. I purchased 2 replacements from an outfit on *bay for $22 each which look identical to the originals although I'm pretty sure that they are an aftermarket item. I read with some foreboding the programming instructions which are posted online and basically end up recommending that you get the dealer to program them for your car.
Anyway the short story is that I followed the instructions carefully and had them both working in less than 10 minutes despite being approached by a neighbour who wanted to chat in the middle of my doing the second one. So if anyone is contemplating replacing a remote on this model, I would say go ahead and do it. It is much easier than it appears in type :)

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy Outback Limited,2.5i SOHC,Engine type: EJ253AVAFB, Transmission type: TZ1B7LCACA,Option code: U63W,Color code: 3K3,Trime code D20,Applied model: BP9AYTL
3 Posts
Having locked my keys inside my 2005 OB I too ordered 2 replacement remotes and 2 new keys. The key I was using was thin like a valet key and I bought 2 original Subaru blanks that were nice thick heavy duty
types with logo and had them cut at a local hardware store. The directions do seem intimidating at first but after a couple of false starts I gotter done!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.