Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading this and other forums for several hours now trying to figure out what's going on with the radio in my outback. It's a 2005 and up until last November I had no issues with the sound or reception on my radio. Then one day I was driving and there was a pop and suddenly the radio's volume cut in half, and has slowly gotten worse and worse to where most channels I can barely here. Some stations come in at half volume (I'm comparing this to the sound that I get when I play a CD which will go as loud as the radio always used to go). For awhile, I was able to plug my FM transmitter in and run an aux chord to it to play my music through the radio at at least half volume, but now I can barely hear it anymore. The other thing that happens is that sometimes after I've been playing a CD for a while, that large pop will return and the CD player/radio will shut itself off.

Has anyone experienced this before? Have you any advice on where to start troubleshooting to get to the root of the problem?

I have very little knowledge/experience in this area, but I need my music! Anyway, would LOVE some help!

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,708 Posts
I'd suspect the problem is related to the antenna amplifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts