Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing spark plugs on my direct ignition coil Outback XT and noticed that the write up on this site (describing how to do this...)mentions that the front and rear cylinder coils are marked differently (one black and one white). Is there actually a difference between the coils themselves or is it just as reference to which goes on the front and back? I know the wires going to the direct ignition coils will need to be in the right place (front vs back) to get the correct firing order but I don't know why the coils themselves would be different between front and back?

Thanks!

·
Registered
05 OBXT 5eat stg1.2
2,104 Posts
I was replacing spark plugs on my direct ignition coil Outback XT and noticed that the write up on this site (describing how to do this...)mentions that the front and rear cylinder coils are marked differently (one black and one white). Is there actually a difference between the coils themselves or is it just as reference to which goes on the front and back? I know the wires going to the direct ignition coils will need to be in the right place (front vs back) to get the correct firing order but I don't know why the coils themselves would be different between front and back?

Thanks!
Maybe it's just to keep people from mixing them up. The parts are the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts