Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OB 3.6R Limited Satin White Pearl with Ivory interior
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Stopped at the shop today to check out the XT. It was great to see the new rotors lurking behind the installed tires. The guru fired it up for me and other than a bit of crankiness on initial start due to the TGV-delete it ran great. Next steps are getting it off the hoist for a bath, fresh tank of 91 octane, and install the wideband and tune.

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
1,129 Posts
Must feel pretty good. I remember how I felt when my car started for the first time after I replaced the ej255.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Must feel pretty good. I remember how I felt when my car started for the first time after I replaced the ej255.
Sure dose and I have waited a long time for this car and I'm willing to continue to wait. Here's hoping the tune shows up soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
Because one always needs a nice boost gauge, here is my latest purchase that I will pick up Monday - new SPT boost gauge. Now to figure out the proper location for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Picked up these lovelies today. Very happy with the looks of the 17’s too. The local speed shop said they are subtle and understated. Just what I am looking for.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Picked up the SPT boost gauge. Pics do not do it justice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Another addition while the car is apart and the tank is almost empty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I'll call today "eTune Tuesday" as I finalized the details with the etuner and hope to have the base tune by the end of the week (tomorrow if I'm lucky). Once the tune is here the Subaguru will put some shakedown miles on it and delivery to my possession will be close at hand. He says that people are quite curious about the build and it draws their attention when see it at the shop. I hoping to have possession by June 1 - just in time for summer driving with the GIANT sunroof open!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I"ll do the bulletproof mod for it. Makes sense for now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
And the base tune arrived!!

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
1,129 Posts
Getting close...

Make sure you take time to go over the connections and tighten the one or two you find...I missed one of the clamps at the turbo cooling tank.

I had my key to "on" and few times checking things out before I started it the first time. I was amazed when mine fired up like it does every day.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
The Subaguru said it started on the first try and it ran very strong. He also started it for me a couple of weeks ago and I loved the sound. Now is the stuff the Subaguru loves to do - add some miles and dial it in.

I'm good with waiting but getting anxious to drive it.

·
Registered
2005 OB XT 5MT 2015 Outback
12 Posts
Picked up these lovelies today. Very happy with the looks of the 17’s too. The local speed shop said they are subtle and understated. Just what I am looking for. View attachment 509054
Love those. I have them on my legacy (that I'm selling). Unfortunately they're 5x11? so they won't fit my gen 3. But as soon as I get them sold I'm ordering them again for the outback for this winter. I'm thinking gold?

101 - 117 of 117 Posts