Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 Baja (Originally Turbo Auto) Soon to be 3.0R spec B swapped - 03 WRX (Project) - 12 STI (Daily)- 16 FXT (Road Trips/Wife's Daily)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It’s been a while since I’ve really touched the Baja, but here’s some recent stuff I’ve accomplished.

I FINALLY got the original HVAC stuff I needed, and got it at least on the table with the fourth gen legacy harness, to get ready to merge it all.

Also got around to stripping most of the original Baja dash harness and getting the heck out of the way.

Next will be to pull the original floor harness and start lining up the fourth gen harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,474 Posts
Did your Baja have a fuel pump control module? Or was it a remnant of the older systems (constant duty)? The EZ30R ECU talks to a FPCM which may pose a problem, FYI.

·
Premium Member
06 Baja (Originally Turbo Auto) Soon to be 3.0R spec B swapped - 03 WRX (Project) - 12 STI (Daily)- 16 FXT (Road Trips/Wife's Daily)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did your Baja have a fuel pump control module? Or was it a remnant of the older systems (constant duty)? The EZ30R ECU talks to a FPCM which may pose a problem, FYI.

I haven’t touched the Baja in so long, that it’s the least of my concerns at the moment.

I keep in touch with a guy, that did a full fifth gen swap (interior and all) in his Baja, and he told me that he just re-pinned the six pin connector on the pump, and it’s worked just fine for him.

I’ve got a DW65 in the tank, and it’s used all the way through new model years, so I don’t think it’ll pose a problem.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
For anybody still following, my work schedule hasn’t allowed me to really touch the Baja. Realistically, until I find another job with a better schedule, progress will be extremely slow for a while.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts