Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, I've lurked on these forums for a while now, but I'm finally stumped. I have looked at pictures and videos and guides but my 06 outback H6 doesn't look like any of them. I've read other posts on this forum.

I have code p0031 bank 1 sensor 1, so I want to replace my o2 sensor. Which one is it? Where is the connector? In other pictures and videos the connector is located higher up, in mine there are two bound together sort of branching apart.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,222 Posts
is this a 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, or 4 cylinder turbo.
(I can kind of guess by the pic

edit: and then I can fix where it says H3 in the title and post,).

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
That looks like the 3 liter exhaust. If so, then it should be the sensor visible in the right side of the first picture. The connector is only a foot or so up the wire from the sensor itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6 cylinder. I thought that all the h3 engines were 6? I might be learning a lot today...

Rasterman, The thing that's throwing me off is that the connector is maybe 4 inches from the sensor, you can actually see it in the picture. Everyone else's seems to be higher up.

So you're thinking it's the one up top on the right? Thats bank 1 sensor 1?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,222 Posts
6 cylinder. I thought that all the h3 engines were 6? I might be learning a lot today...

Rasterman, The thing that's throwing me off is that the connector is maybe 4 inches from the sensor, you can actually see it in the picture. Everyone else's seems to be higher up.

So you're thinking it's the one up top on the right? Thats bank 1 sensor 1?
and I thought it was a typo:

H4 = 4 cylinder

H6 = 6 cylinder.

H3 ? = Justy was a Inline "I 3"

and moved thread to 2005-2009 section

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Yeah, the 3 liter has 4 sensors and has a 4-1 fanout harness to link them all in. I see it now where it doubles back to the connector shell now that you call it out. Easy to lose ones bearings with a photo like this.

I don't know why bank 1 is on the right, just guessing they went with proximity to the ECU for ordinate numbering. But bank 1 sensor 1 should be the furthest upstream on the right side of the car. Even if that isn't what's shown in the photo :)

·
Premium Member
2008 JDM Outback 3.0R, 5EAT
411 Posts
hi on my 2007 3.0 H6 Bank 1(or 2) Sensor 1 (front) is the AFR sensor (part #22641AA160 aka Denso 234-9047) and Sensor 2 the O2 sensor (part #22690AA840). Pics attached. Bank 1 has the catalytic converter wrapped :) and is RHS whilst sitting inside the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 OBW 3.0R Limited (5EAT) w/ lift & other mods
222 Posts
hi on my 2007 3.0 H6 Bank 1(or 2) Sensor 1 (front) is the AFR sensor (part #22641AA160 aka Denso 234-9047) and Sensor 2 the O2 sensor (part #22690AA840). Pics attached. Bank 1 has the catalytic converter wrapped :) and is RHS whilst sitting inside the car.
Rear O2 sensors on an 05-09 H6 are Denso 234-4447.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts