Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 Legacy Outback 5speed sport shift tranny (ONLY 12K miles)

I have a tranny out of a 2006 Legacy Outback LL Bean 3.0 H-6 (VIN: 4S4BL86C964213140) that only has 12K documented miles! It has a 3:27 gear ratio.

It was an entire vehicle purchased through a salvage auction where the area directly around the battery caught fire and the front of the engine was damaged enough the insurance totaled the vehicle. No damage was sustained to the tranny. The wiring harness wasn't even melted. I've had the pan off and the fluid was very clean and the filter had absolutely no residue.

I purchased this tranny from a salvage company in Tennessee. I was told by a local transmission shop that my tranny was fried then I discovered it wasn't slipping, one of the rear axles had slipped out of the spline in the rear differential. So, now I have a great transmission that I can pass on to someone else! I have the VIN report complete with photos of the car and auction paperwork which confirm this is the transmission is from this vehicle since the serial numbers match.

I paid $800 and that's what I'm asking. You can either pick it up in Evansville, Indiana or we can work out the shipping costs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.