Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the cd player stopped working its a 6 disk player the radio still works fine, i cant seem to find anything out about it and just want my favorite cd back ?. anyone have any input i have gotten a new battery after this happend, and have used a scan tool all the codes were erased (which none of them said anything about the player).

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,329 Posts
there's maybe a half dozen videos at youtube on similar problems, plus, in a brief search, I found these; Jammed Cd Player on Outback Impreza Sport

Some folks have had a stuck CD kill the battery as it is in some kind of constant EJECT loop. You may not have had a bad battery if the stuck CD predates the battery change - plus, you may need to resolve this soon if it is draining the new battery too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i have had the new battery for a month now and no problems with it dieing on me

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,199 Posts
Try this trick:

BTW - your post is rather difficult to read; please try using periods at the end of your sentences - just sayin'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this trick:

BTW - your post is rather difficult to read; please try using periods at the end of your sentences - just sayin'.
Thanks. However i cant even switch from the radio to the cd player. I can listen to the radio just fine, but have no power to the cd deck itself

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,199 Posts
I can listen to the radio just fine, but have no power to the cd deck itself.
There have been issues with grounds on this audio unit - although I've not heard of part of it going out and the rest staying live. Search on "audio unit grounds" in the Gen 3 forum (note that search quotes don't really work yet so this will produce lots of hits) and run through the repairs suggested there; this may be the problem you're experiencing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts