Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
looking for an inexpensive way to add a new exhaust for my 1999 legacy outback wagon, and currently just have the stock piping with no muffler. with the uel header it sounds good (to me at least), but with two kids under 4, its a bit too loud for them. i can pick up a cheap stock 2006 wrx exhaust sytem, but im wondering what kind of mods id have to have done to it to get it to fit? from what i can tell, the wrx exhaust is cat-back, but i havent been able to find any good information on what is needed to make it work. thanks for any help,

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the '06 WRX exhaust as well. I have not installed it on my 2000 Outback, yet. My research shows that you need to have an exhaust shop create an adapter pipe between the Outback header/cat and the cat-back WRX exhaust. The WRX system has a 2 bolt flange canted over about 45* while the Outback has a horizontal 2 bolt flange.

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
I have the original muffler (unbolted axle back) from my 06 WRX WAGON . I replaced it with a Strommung dual-tip at about 800 miles so, it's been in my attic for 6 years!

dunno how difficult it might be to ship, but I'd like to sell it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That seems to be the answer I've gotten so far. The system will fit if it is extended, and the flange is clicked to match. I guess for the super cheap price the guy is selling it for, I can't
really pass it up. If worse comes to worse, I could always sell the cats that are attached to his system.
Sorry 1luckytexan, if need an entire system, as my original axleback part was welded fast a
Couple of years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
ejvtec
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing