Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in Phoenix, AZ and own a 2007 2.5i Limited with the Automatic Climate Control system. (69,000 miles) The vehicle AC is not getting very cold, even on long drives. We bought the vehicle back on October 2010 and don't recall having this issue last summer.

We have had a brutal summer with daytime temps ranging from 102 -113F. The AC does not seem to blow at "full speed" I have checked the coolant and replaced the cabin air filter (looked like it was never changed). So we took it to the dealership and they told us that Subaru's are not built for the Arizona heat and basically we are out of luck. They didn't even take a look at the car.

1. Is this true? You think they would test in extreme climates.
2. Does anyone have any other advice?
3. Should I say anything to Corporate? If this is the case, why even sell Subarus in AZ?

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
Well, there's Subarus in FL, and other southern states, as well as in lots of hot places around the world -- I can't imagine why a dealer would say something like that. (Perhaps they were having a difficult day with lots of people coming in for AC service . . .)

I presume that your car is no longer covered by a warranty, so it would have been in the dealer's interest, from a simple service center revenue point of view, to at least do some testing (at your cost, of course). Did they not offer to do this? Was it a Subaru dealer?

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,665 Posts
I'm not too familiar with newer soobs but a couple of ideas, I believe there is a photodetector on the dash somewhere, make certain it isn't blocked with papers, a dashcover, a GPS mount or an empty drink cup w'ever. It allows the system to adjust based on light input.

I'd think some aftermarket tint would be helpful.

·
Registered
2007 Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We took the vehicle to a Subaru/Chrysler/Jeep dealership and we have an extended warranty. Nothing is blocking the dash and we have good tint on all the windows.

Does anyone know of a good independent Subaru shop in Phoenix?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts