Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, about a week ago I noticed I was losing antifreeze on my 2007 H6 Outback. Car has approximately 180k on it, but engine is a Japan import with supposedly only about 60k on it. I’ve owned the car for 1 1/2 years. After some investigation I found I was losing antifreeze when the car was running from somewhere directly above the steering rack and shaft junction. After some research online I thought, but prayed I didn’t have a blown head gasket. My mechanic called today. They found a heater hose behind the engine that had been resting on the steering shaft. Over time it had worn a hole through the heater line causing me to lose antifreeze. $56 repair. Thought I’d share because I saw someone on here a few days ago with a leak in the same area thinking it was a head gasket. Hopefully someone else with a similar leak will see this and realize that a leak coming from behind the engine isn’t necessarily a head gasket, and save themselves a headache.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts