Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

So I'm looking to purchase an Outback, as it's the only car that suits my needs and I just absolutely love them so much. I need your opinions. I've got a scope on a 2007 Subaru Outback for sale in Alberta from a dealer. They're asking a bit of a steep price, though. The price is just under $15,000. It's a silver 2007 Outback, 2.5 H4, automatic, cloth seats. The thing is, it has only 116,000km and appears to be in excellent condition. Head gaskets have also been replaced already. Mechanical inspection passed with no issues Do you guys think it's too much money? I don't mind spending that much money but I don't want to get ripped off. I can't really compare because you don't find such a low mileage Outback too often. Any input is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Marcus

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,681 Posts
That works out to about $11,550 USD at current exchange rates, and even in the high-priced Pacific NW market, that amount of cash tends to buy a lot more Outback of that vintage - typically a good H6 3.0R Outback with reasonable miles.

That being said, it is very low miles, and I don't know your local market up there.

Whatever you do, get it inspected by someone competent who you trust. Outbacks with the NA 2.5i H4 engine of that vintage and mileage tend to get traded or dumped when they need a new timing belt, a new set of head gaskets, or both.

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,419 Posts
That price is to high.

I'd keep looking. You'll be happy you did. Patience will save you thousands on this type of purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what my gut was telling me.Thanks, guys! I might just take a few days and go out East to buy one and drive back. They seem to be a lot cheaper out there. More supply, I guess.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,681 Posts
I might just take a few days and go out East to buy one and drive back. They seem to be a lot cheaper out there. More supply, I guess.
We've not got the lowest prices for used Subarus by any stretch of the imagination in the Pacific NW, but there is a large supply here. And there's no salt on our roads. Can you import a US spec car and license it in Canada?

·
Registered
2006 Outback Ltd. 2.5i
6 Posts
I haven't priced these used, but I paid less than that when I bought mine (the LTD model, with leather & moon roof) new! Admittedly, I bought it in the US, but even so the Canadian selling price was not much more than what your dealer is now asking for a 12 year-old vehicle. The price sounds more than a bit outrageous. Have you looked at Vancouver used Subaru pricing?

·
Registered
2006 Outback Ltd. 2.5i
6 Posts
For comparison. I stumbled on this thread today: /forums/67-classifieds/491553-feeler-06-outback-2-5i-wagon-42k-miles.html (sorry, I'm not allowed to post links; but it's on this site so just prepend the site name).

He's looking for ~$8K US

1 - 7 of 7 Posts