Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have, I think, an easy request. Does anyone happen to have the instruction sheet for the J101SAG000NN mud flap set? I am looking to see if there is a part number in that instruction sheet for the hardware kit. I got a used set of flaps but the hardware was all fubar. I know I can go to Lowes or another hardware store and put together what I need, but if there's a part number for the hardware kit and it's not too pricey that would the better way to go.

TIA, Bob

·
Registered
2009 OBW 3.0R Limited (5EAT) w/ lift & other mods
222 Posts
I'm going to hazard a guess that you can't buy a separate hardware kit. That doesn't really seem to be a Subaru "thing". What you could probably do is find a wrecked one and get the hardware from it, since those mudguards seemed to be pretty standard on the higher trim models.

You could also try one of these kits; the RokBlokz flaps are designed to utilize the factory mounting holes, so this hardware might work for the OEM: https://rokblokz.com/collections/accessories/products/anodized-aluminum-washer-kits

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to hazard a guess that you can't buy a separate hardware kit. That doesn't really seem to be a Subaru "thing". What you could probably do is find a wrecked one and get the hardware from it, since those mudguards seemed to be pretty standard on the higher trim models.

You could also try one of these kits; the RokBlokz flaps are designed to utilize the factory mounting holes, so this hardware might work for the OEM: https://rokblokz.com/collections/accessories/products/anodized-aluminum-washer-kits
I have a set of used mudflaps. The hardware is fubar due to corrosion, can't even get the hardware off in one piece. One very seldom gets the hardware to come apart on the used flaps if they have been on the car for more than one season.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
If you have the old hardware shouldn't be too hard to duplicate at Lowes or an Ace Hardware.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback PZEV,2010 Impreza 2.5i
533 Posts

I second this. When I bought my 2008, I bought the mud flaps separately (as my car did not have them) and the hardware kit and the instruction sheet came with it. You may be able to download the instruction sheet without paid subscription from Subaru Technical Support seb site.

The OEM hardware kit was not that great as the J-nut that came in the kit did not align well with body holes. These are some custom J nuts and they are pretty hard to find. You may be able to find all the other nuts and bolts (even in stainless steel) at any hardware store. I could not find a substitute for the J-nut at any hardware store. You may try McMaster Carr or Fastenal as an alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts