Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i, 2009 Forrester 2.5 sohc
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming up on the next 30K service, with 177,500 on the car. I do the service myself, and religiously do all fluids, plugs, filters.

I was going to replace the plug wires (last changed at 100K).

I replaced the ignition module at 110k as PM.

I was going to replace the tensioner pulley and belts.

Throttle body gets cleaned once a year.

Any other PM you would recommend in addition to the 30K in the manual? Since I do the work myself, I don't mind spending a little more on parts.

The car has been remarkably reliable, and still looks great cosmetically. Next year she will get her third timing belt.

·
Registered
I own 4 Subarus. A 95,97,02 and a 14. The first two are 2.2 and the last two 2.5.
657 Posts
i'm surprised that the alternator and starter have lasted that long! Same for the knock sensor.

·
Registered
'18 OB 3.6R
64 Posts
Not required maintenance per-se, but my 05 legacy definitely needed every rubber bushing in the suspension at 200k. Get fired-up for that job eventually.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm surprised that the alternator and starter have lasted that long! Same for the knock sensor.

where is the Knock sensor located on the 08 2.5L SOHC? Its a donut shaped sensor with harness leads? I couldnt spot on the block when I looked.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,619 Posts
you might use a turkey baster or similar and swap-out some power steering fluid.

try to blast-clean the condenser/radiator out - even between them.

kinda wonder when to swap the big radiator hoses for PM?

maybe lube the locks and hinges?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you might use a turkey baster or similar and swap-out some power steering fluid.

try to blast-clean the condenser/radiator out - even between them.

kinda wonder when to swap the big radiator hoses for PM?

maybe lube the locks and hinges?

I remove the PS fluid and refill once a year. Hoses were changed with the last timing belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts