Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My outback has an idol issue after changing the battery where it will drop and bounce off stalling when i depress the clutch or turn the car with the clutch in. the car normally idles at about 500 rpm when it used to idle at 900. I went through the procedure of disconnecting the battery, re connecting it after 30 minutes, leaving the key in the on position for 20 seconds then running it for 10 minutes, etc, and it still didn't fix the issue. Could the tps or something have broken coincidentally after changing the battery? is there a way to fix this, or will I have to drive with my car almost stalling all the time for the rest of its life?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, just a battery change. The battery was nearing death, so I changed it. The issue got slightly better after doing the relearn but it still fluctuates anywhere from 200-900 rpm at idle and drops when I depress the clutch at higher rpm. My friends 08 legacy has the exact same issue but his is so bad that it stalls while driving, leaving him with no power steering

1 - 3 of 3 Posts