Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Limited/20 Onyx (7TH)
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drives the 08 Outback 2.5 and it has over 55K of highway and lots of snowy salty road use. I ve done all the service so far. tuneup, trans flush, coolent flush, filters, brakes still original (maybe 1/2 worn) and tires. No issues to date. I also noticed that the paint job is the best, most durable paint job I ve ever had (and I ve owned MB and Porsches right up to 2010). No swirls marks in the paint at all. Gets over 30 mpgs highway.
In a little over a year we will get another new car to replace a lease. I am seriously thinking of getting the wife a new outback (which she wants) and keeping the 08 as my daily driver. I am a little concerned about the underbody as far as rust and things like this with all the winter salt but don t see anything major. Also wondering if I had the sweet spot of the ownership and maybe should turn it in for her new one while I m ahead. I guess some of you guys are already past this point and can give some advise. The car still looks new, in and out.... Retails in the mid teens I believe..... ????

·
Registered
2010 OBW limited 2.5 CVT
1,602 Posts
Your not even broken in yet. A well cared for Subaru will easily get 200k miles with little more than the routine maintenance items. The most costly being the timing belt. If you like it, keep it and save a huge amount of money on taxes, insurance and interest. Even if you did have a major repair in the next 100K miles, you would still be money ahead of the cost of a new car. My '98 has 265K miles on it and runs just as well as my '06 with 86K miles. It just looks rougher and has more squeaks and rattles. It's an old car, after all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts