Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Its time to change out the brakes on the wifes 2008 outback 2.5i, as she has about 60K on the original stock set.
I was thinking about going with brembo rotors and Haws HPS pads, as many of you here seem to like the combo.

Any suggestions as to where to purchase and who has the best prices?

Many Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Not too thrilled with the hawk HP pads in my wilwoods. The stopping is great, I can deal with the moderate dusting but I'm getting persistent noise that I just haven't been able to beat. Ready to give up on them. Perhaps they will work better in brembos? Good luck and have fun!

Oh and in terms of bang-for-the-buck check out the grimmspeed master cylinder bracket. I couldn't believe how much better it makes the pedal feel. Not clear on whether they make one for the '08 but if they do, I'd strongly recommend it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As strange as it is, I am now having problems finding the solid brembo's for the 2008 outback. Any suggestions where to find them?

Thanks Guys,

Bryan

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
you might contact; KNS Brakes

I didn't see the rotors you want but, since they have a brembo kit, they may be able to get the rotors and 'kit' them with the pads you want.

(I've purchased pads from them in the past - good guys)

I bought a muffler from these guys; http://boxer4racing.3dcartstores.com/Brake-Rotors_c_765.html

they have Hawk rotors and pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
1 Lucky Texan
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing