Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5i 2016 VW Passat SE
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm going to be adding satellite radio to my Outback soon. I want the stock unit to add to my Harmon Kardon system, but I don't know which to get. Or if it even matters now that they are the same company. The price of the unit and antenna are the same which leads me to believe there is no functional difference between the two.
Can anyone tell me if one system works better in the car (such as, one scrolls the song titles and one doesn't, etc)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 Outback XT
96 Posts
I can tell you that there are different packages between the two from SIRIUSxm.

I would look into what programming you want and decide that way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't look like that unit connects to the stock head unit (plugs are different).

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon 2.5L AT
4 Posts
Oh, sorry. I didn't look at it very closely re: compatibility with your HU. The point I was trying to make is that the packages for Sirius, and XM are different, but there are SiriusXM tuners that can receive all SiriusXM programming. Crutchfield's OutfitMyCar tool is really helpful for finding compatible equipment.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, and I checked Crutchfield (they're my usual first 'go-to' for electronic stuff for my car). I'll take a look at the programming differences and make my choice based off of that. However, I most likely won't care, because I'm using it mainly for music (mixed, such as 90's, 00's, etc) not talk radio where which DJ/talk show matters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts