Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

Recently, the engine in my 2009 Outback 2.5XT died. Apparently I threw a rod and the bearings were starting to go. I sold it to a mechanic who is going to give it some TLC and see what happens.

I'm very sad to say that even though I kept up with the oil changes, synthetic most of the time, it was burning oil and I did not notice it. I didn't check the oil myself, often enough.

In any case, I was heart broken. I loved that car and enjoyed driving it very much. That turbo engine was fun to drive! But I've learned a hard lesson.

Hope others are enjoying theirs...

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Sorry for your Loss. I am.

Never

NEVER

NEVER
Run these bitches low on oil.

It's a literal death sentence. I changed a timing belt on a mint 89Kmiles, 2009 XT. When I was all done, I pulled the dipstick. It was barren, save a small tab of sludge. I added 2 qts. 3 weeks later that car was toasted, dead in Aspen.

CHECK YOUR OIL!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,215 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
@rasterman liked this...

He's got a long running XT. It has been well cared for. It lives. Cherry was bought with 125K miles. Original vf40 and low on oil..

But with diligent fluid changes, transfers and the the appropriate additives... You can stave off the horror. Just keep fresh blood in the beast and she will be happy.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,215 Posts
@rasterman liked this...

He's got a long running XT. It has been well cared for. It lives. Cherry was bought with 125K miles. Original vf40 and low on oil..

But with diligent fluid changes, transfers and the the appropriate additives... You can stave off the horror. Just keep fresh blood in the beast and she will be happy.
what you got in there for additives?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts