Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at a 2005 Outback XT w/5spd, but that fell through.

Found a 2009 Outback XT Limited automatic w/SI-drive & SortShift at a dealer. Priced pretty much right at KBB retail with ~48K miles.

Any thoughts on these? I kind of like the idea of the semi-auto. I had read the automatic tended to shift too soon to really take advantage of the turbo, but maybe not so much with the SI-drive?

Another option would be to find a used 5-door WRX, or even wait for the 2014 WRX. As a 3rd / 4th vehicle, I don't really need something new, but I don't want to inherit somebody else's problems either.

I had a 1991 Legacy wagon and a 2011 Outback 2.5i Limited. I like the wagon form-factor.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd stop and ask yourself what you really want/need. An Outback and WRX shouldn't be on the same shopping list.

Do you need the ground clearance of an Outback? If not, then you'll be happier lower to the ground if you're looking at a WRX type vehicle.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd stop and ask yourself what you really want/need. An Outback and WRX shouldn't be on the same shopping list.
It's all want. Definitely DO NOT NEED another vehicle.

Since the Outback XT and older WRX share the same motor, they're maybe not so different...?

I think I'd prefer the greater clearance and additional cargo capacity of the Outback XT. The WRX 5-door is really more of a 2nd choice, as it would probably be "good enough".

My primary vehicle is a first generation 2003 Tundra SR5 TRD 4x4 4.7L w/42K miles. ~250HP & ~315 ft-lb torque.
--

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Michael Aos
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing