Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

The keyless entry and remote start is not working on my 2009 Subaru Tribeca. Problem started intermittently. The remote start would work but car would not turn off after starting even with key removed. Or it would shut off after I put it in reverse. Now the remote start and keyless entry is not working at. Press button nothing. With exception of horn. The horn will chirp when I press remote start button. I've replaced batteries in key fob, disconnected battery cables, and checked fuses. Any suggestions besides getting rid of this thing. Thanks.

Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cardoc. It's been doing it for the past few days. I've only had this car a couple of weeks. Strange worked fine at dealership and after I got it home. But then all of the sudden first remote start stopped working and then keyless entry. So does the antenna work with the remote start and keyless. Also do the antenna just wear out over time? Car is about 10 years old.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Indianapolis. Lol but I won't rule out selling it to you. Actually nice looking car 118,000 miles, leather, sharp black. I paid $6,999 for it. The it rides just isn't for me. Didn't realize that until later. But hopefully it's something simple like that. I might even able to fix.

Premium Member
Yes, the antenna affects remote starting. Changing it is not a problem. It's easy. Did you read the bulletin? You could also call your local Subaru service, or parts, and ask them to give you a rundown on any repairs record they have. If the antenna is on their list, then it's either acting up again, or it's something else.

Something else would be a module, but your description is the antenna.

Premium Member
LIKELY???? You mean they're gue$$ing.

Maybe the tech misses the TSB. Did they check the antenna?

Could be the module but what you describe is the antenna issue. Thus my offer. 馃榿

Maybe they swap your module and then when it still acts up they change the cheaper antenna and roll it. Without telling you. You'll never know.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I think they are gue$$ing. Mentioned antenna. Guy said it wasn't antenna. How would he know without inspection. Part me of saying not to put one more penny in this car and get rid of it asap. I can live without keyless car radio.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm seeing a pattern of electronics malfunctioning. I don't like it. I made a mistake buying it. Just going to minimize my loss. Get rid of it asap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts