Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Limited Outback fully loaded
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving can hear the sound of rattle on the drivers front side. I just turned 90k on the car. Could it be a strut, or is there something i should know that seems to be a common problem??

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
90k WOW! Could be a strut or front suspension component. Auto or manual? How has eve thing else been holding up?

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,069 Posts
Have the sway bar endlinks checked first.

Tribeca owners complain like crazy about front rattles too, 98% of the time its the endlinks.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 Ltd. 2009 OBS
138 Posts
i second the endlinks.
you have 90k on a 3 year old car, i don't think it's too out of the ordinary for something to loosen up.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
i just read about a '10 with 97k miles. im sure there are many more out there with over 100k already. maybe its just the endlinks.

·
Registered
2015 Limited Outback fully loaded
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I will check it out and report back! As for the first question: She has been PERFECT for 90k. No issues whatsoever. Amazing car.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i
23 Posts
Mine does this too 95000 mi haven't looked to see what it is yet. Only complaint and problem since owning the car new, living where I do and the lifestyle we live this car has been out to the wheat/spud fields to bring me lunch many times as well as off road a ton for leisure. The 77 CJ-5 Jeep stays parked more than ever unless there is some major terrain to cover now days lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts