Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

First post here.

I recently bought a 2010 2.5i. So far it is awesome.

I've never owned a car with a CVT transmission before though, and while driving around town at lower speeds (under 20) I've noticed that it feels like the car is lugging a bit, like it's in too high of a gear.

Today when this was happening I quickly switched it into manual, and I was in 5th gear at about 15mph, which would explain the lugging.

Doing some quick reading on here it seems like this is actually normal to improve gas milage. Is that the case? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i
23 Posts
Lugging

Mine does this all of the time and caught me off guard at first too, you will love the cvt. My only complaint is they are a bit gutless in reverse but not bad. I have 98,000 miles on mine so far and haven't had to fix anything on the car, still runs like it did when it was new! It goes off road in our adventures almost as much as pavement and nothing has come loose or began to rattle either, have to say I'm hooked on Subaru for life!

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
Mine does this all of the time and caught me off guard at first too, you will love the cvt. My only complaint is they are a bit gutless in reverse but not bad. I have 98,000 miles on mine so far and haven't had to fix anything on the car, still runs like it did when it was new! It goes off road in our adventures almost as much as pavement and nothing has come loose or began to rattle either, have to say I'm hooked on Subaru for life!
When did you replace the spark plugs and was it expensive?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I replaced mine when I flushed the blinker fluid and relubed the Rendler spindles. Don't know what a dealer would cost.
I surmise the post by pgh was from a bot.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
With over 1000 posts probably just posting in wrong thread.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i
23 Posts
Spark plugs

When did you replace the spark plugs and was it expensive?
Apologize for not responding sooner, I havent kept up to date with this site. I replaced my spark plugs around 90K miles, did the work myself so was only out the cost of the plugs which wasn't bad. I believe I put Bosch's top end plugs in it. There was noticeable wear on the old ones at that mileage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your car is normal. I don't even notice it anymore.

Just remember to change your blinker fluid every 3500 miles or they will start sticking on you.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i
23 Posts
Lol!

Your car is normal. I don't even notice it anymore.

Just remember to change your blinker fluid every 3500 miles or they will start sticking on you.
Yeah I hear that can be quite the pain in the a$$, maybe a new post needs to be started on this important and overlooked maintenance procedure?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts