Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I was just having a random thought. British version of Outback (right side driver) has push to start button. I was wondering, how tough do you think it would be to to convert US Outback to have British push to start button? I know its right side driver, so will be tougher, but maybe its worth it? :)

Thanks

Here is pic of british version

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP
114 Posts
If you would like to go with that route, you can look at the 2013/2014 special appearance package and see if there is one available to pull parts from or from the dealership. It would require some extra programming and wiring in order for the car to accept the push button start. Mine has the package.
Gear shift Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you would like to go with that route, you can look at the 2013/2014 special appearance package and see if there is one available to pull parts from or from the dealership. It would require some extra programming and wiring in order for the car to accept the push button start. Mine has the package.
View attachment 549575
That's interesting. I still don't have Outback, but am looking for 2010-2014 with manual transmission. I wonder if 2013 ignition parts would be compatible with 2010-2012.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts