Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Subie owner. I bought a 2010 Legacy Limited used. At first it was love through and through, however lately I am disgusted. After time, approximately two years later, an intermediate body shake will show up on the highway around 70 MPH. More of a body shake than a steering wheel shake. It fluctuates to near nonexistent, to my butt doing the "hippy hippy shake". It really has me stumped as we just installed new tires (Road force balanced as well, per recommended by Subaru). Alignment was completed three months ago and the track is true. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,322 Posts
Check the driveshaft u-joints, the transmission mount and center carrier bearing. All will cause what you describe singly or together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time Subie owner. I bought a 2010 Legacy Limited used. At first it was love through and through, however lately I am disgusted. After time, approximately two years later, an intermediate body shake will show up on the highway around 70 MPH. More of a body shake than a steering wheel shake. It fluctuates to near nonexistent, to my butt doing the "hippy hippy shake". It really has me stumped as we just installed new tires (Road force balanced as well, per recommended by Subaru). Alignment was completed three months ago and the track is true. Any suggestions?
Did you get the work done for the supension table? It took me a year and half to finally convince a dealership that the vibration was due to wheel imbalance.
They changed the whole **** front suspension table including the steering column and wheel! It's dangerous and should be done regardless.
I know you said it wasn't in the steering wheel but when Subaru can't figure out where the problem stems from and has to resort to replacing half the **** car, I'd start with that! :17:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts