Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if anyone changed the horn to a more deeper sounding one. I'm not feeling this high pitched sound just doesn't match the OB imo.

Also do all the Subaru models have the high pitched horn? Maybe I can swap from another model.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,199 Posts
search for Hella and FIAMM horns

many folks have installed aftermarket horns.

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect the FIAMM sounds good nice and deep ordering from Amazon. Hellas are like stock high pitched no likey.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
178 Posts
Are there any louder, direct replacement horns out there. Ya know just swap them out with having to mess with relays, etc??

·
Registered
2018 & 2019 2.5i limiteds (owned by daughters, cared for by me) plus now a 2019 2.5i limited for me (and my wife, of course)
19 Posts
I installed a pair of PIAA 85110 400 and 500 Hz horns a week ago (you can get them from Amazon). I put one where the original horn was (in front of the radiator) and attached the other to the bottom bolt on the hood latch apparatus in front of the radiator. I hooked the original horn wires to each new horn (had to rig up an extension for the wire that went to the horn buried behind the headlight). Didn't bother to wire a relay, because the current draw for each new horn was well below the 7.5 amp fuses.

Sounds good and loud now!

·
Registered
102 Posts
5-3-14 We recently bought a 2014 Outback Limited. I did not and do not like the factory horn which sounds like an "ooga" or older volkswagen horn. I got a double horn off of a GM vehicle at a salvage yard and used the same mount in front of the radiator. There were two of these "ooga" horns with one being mounted on lower right side. I reached in from underneath and disconnected the lower horn. I had to take the grille out to do this. I would have probably never gotten it out except there is a "YouTube" on this which shows you step by step. I am very pleased with the new horn which now sounds like a standard auto horn, which is what I wanted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts