Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ack....new OB owner with a couple questions.

This model doesn't have GPS built into the dash. Other than actually trying to connect a Bluetooth device, how can I tell if it has Bluetooth?

We were also shown at the dealer when we purchased that there is an auxiliary jack inside the console for connecting an "isomething". Would I be able to connect my galaxy S3 to this for streaming audio, and what cable would I need for this?

New to auxiliary jacks in vehicles so have no clue what cable I need. Also if playing audio from phone, would the volume be controlled by the radio or phone? Thanks in advance for helping a noob :)

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 premium, rear sway bar, and way too many accessories. Anything that can make Boston winters more tolerable (e.g. remote start, molded wintertech snow mats etc).
279 Posts
Depends on the details of how your car is configured, but my recollection is that the 2010 Outback, if like my 2011, can only do bluetooth phone conversations, but play "media" like songs through bluetooth. A good solution is to use a 1/8" plug to connect your iphone/android physically to the sound system instead of using bluetooth. This is what I did for a while. Then I found the posting I list below which explains how to add a secondary bluetooth connection for music which plays through the "auxilary" setting of your stereo. Hence I can play music or have hands free conversations now in my 2011 Outback.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-present/50098-bluetooth-music-streaming-success.html

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
I can't remember when that feature "Bluetooth streaming" was added as standard. It's possible you don't have it. I know it came standard on 2012 but not all 2010's actually have this installed. I think you had to have the upgraded radio which meant Limited and a handful of Premiums. HK had it I think...

Also what phone do you have. Not all phones are compatible with the stock unit in 2010 either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts