Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed 2010 LGT springs on my outback. LGT front strut mounts were also required to make the springs fit. The spring insulators were needed to be removed. The results were an outback that looks like a wagon and not an SUV. It feels alot more stable around corners too.

Before:

After:

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
About how much did that give you in drop?

·
Banned
238 Posts
I like your suspension mods :29:
I really hate wannabe off road tall vehicles. I want to drive a station wagon same height as a sedan. I'd like to lower my 2013 3.6R limited the same way as you did. Could you tell me please whether the same springs and struts that you used with yours will fit 2013 3.6R model. I know that Subaru did something to the suspension in 2013 models. Still, can I use the same springs? Could you please share the source where you got all the necessary parts for such modification.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
I like it! This is one mod I was fairly interested in doing before I purchased my OB. After living with the jacked up stance for a few months, I'm OK with it and actually quite like it. But now that somebody else has successfully lowered a Gen 4 OB, my interest has once again been piqued.

Like others have posted, how's the ride now?

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6r Limited
10 Posts
That is funny but seriously, we are all very interested in what you did and waiting for more info!

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
I like your suspension mods :29:
I really hate wannabe off road tall vehicles. I want to drive a station wagon same height as a sedan. I'd like to lower my 2013 3.6R limited the same way as you did. Could you tell me please whether the same springs and struts that you used with yours will fit 2013 3.6R model. I know that Subaru did something to the suspension in 2013 models. Still, can I use the same springs? Could you please share the source where you got all the necessary parts for such modification.

modifying a brand new car, really? so please explain why its blasphemy for me to do so, but perfectly fine for you? also explain how i can know everything and be perfect as well.

ignoring that, its awesome someone finally did it. looks great, i wonder how it drives, do some autox!

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
35 Posts
awesome job man.. Im going this route but with the 3.6r suspension. Any updates on the ride?

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Ltd
9 Posts
more details! I have been waiting since the day I got my Outback to do this, just didn't want to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
I would say, based on physics that the car would handle a bit better on winding roads with it lower like that. Especially so, if the springs are a bit tighter so the car doesn't bottom out on bumps at high-speed, having the rubber bump stops being hit between the suspension and body and on the top of the strut rods (covered by the protective rubber bellows).

1 - 20 of 123 Posts