Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my front and rear brake pads on my 2010 Subaru Outback yesterday ... after 106K + miles, they still had a lot left to them, with no uneven ware. Instead of hanging the calipers, I removed the fluid line at the caliper, with a little brake fluid draining into a bucket ... the fluid was clear and clean. After getting everything put back together, I topped of the fluid in the reservoir to the proper level. In my test drive around the neighborhood, the brakes are still going to the floor with minimal stopping power. If I pump the brakes rapidly, I will build up the proper pressure. But the next stop, the peddle will hit the floor again. Am I missing something? The fluid level has not dropped, and I have made sure that the fluid lines were reconnected to the calipers securely with no leaks to be seen?

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts
Still air in the system I'd wager.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
For pad replacement dont disconnect the brake lines. You need to bleed them now with the bleed screw. You also run a risk of compromising the seal on the hose connection when you disconnect the break lines. That is why they have bleed screws. You have air in the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts