Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Outback with 33,000 miles. I am experiencing a low speed vibration that seems to be getting worse. It is only noticeable on easy acceleration up a fairly steep hill at about 15-20mph and seems to be coming from the front end, maybe right side. It is definitely not the high speed shake and I haven`t had any luck searching this problem. I would love to have some knowledge of the issue before taking it to the dealer who will notice it is nearly out of warranty and blow it off. Thanks:)

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT Ruby Red Pearl
413 Posts
I'm no expert, but my best guesses would be a driveline issue or a wheel bearing issue. Both get loaded up when going uphill.

Best of luck and I hope the dealer treats you right. :)

Andrew

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,229 Posts
Random poor quality part?

Bound to happen out of hundred of thousands of produce.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,505 Posts
turns out the axle needed to be replaced. Under warranty but why does it go out at 33,000?
...I had a 2001 forester that had the same problem...low speed shake. They had to replace both front axles in order to fix it...bad parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2010 Outback with 33,000 miles. I am experiencing a low speed vibration that seems to be getting worse. It is only noticeable on easy acceleration up a fairly steep hill at about 15-20mph and seems to be coming from the front end, maybe right side. It is definitely not the high speed shake and I haven`t had any luck searching this problem. I would love to have some knowledge of the issue before taking it to the dealer who will notice it is nearly out of warranty and blow it off. Thanks:)
With my 2010 Outback between 80,000 and 83,000 miles, I am hearing and feeling a similar hesitation and shudder/stutter upon deceleration or acceleration between 0 and 5 miles per hour. A friend said this may be associated with the all wheel drive transmission. I have also been having a P1153 check engine code and have changed MAF sensor, Air Fuel sensor, oxygen sensor, cleaned EGR valve, cleaned PVC valve, but still get this P1153 code and this low speed hesitation and shudder. Is this hesitation and shudder the axel issue as described in earlier post or is it something else related to the P1153 code? If front and rear tire tread depths differing by up to 2/32, would that contribute to the hesitation and shudder. The shudder (like a hesitation and vibration) does seem to be in the drive train.

·
Registered
271 Posts
P1153 is a circuit code not a sensor performance code since you replaced the sensor that leaves you with 2 options

• HO2S11 harness is open or shorted
  • HO2S11 circuit poor electrical connection
You are going to have to troubleshoot the circuit

·
Registered
3 Posts
P1153 is a circuit code not a sensor performance code since you replaced the sensor that leaves you with 2 options

• HO2S11 harness is open or shorted
  • HO2S11 circuit poor electrical connection
You are going to have to troubleshoot the circuit
can you help define HO2S11 harness and HO2S11 circuit? Are you pointing to the downstream Oxygen sensor connector? I had the dealer diagnose the Check Engine Light and P1153 code. The report says a smoke test showed the EGR valve to have a leak and recommended replacement. I have asked dealer to be specific on how that test done and where the leak was found, but have not received their answer. I replaced the PVC valve based on dealer comment that PVC valve may need replacement and mileage has improved, but code P1153 came back.

·
Registered
271 Posts
if they smoke tested it and said EGR valve leak, replace it.
the o2 sensor wiring has to be inspected from the sensor connector all the way back to the ECM, get a service manual for instructions on how to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts