Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2010 OB and want to transfer my Yakima Powderhoud ski rack to the new car. I know Yakima has discontinued the Mighty Mounts and there is no info on their website as to whether or not they ever produced something compatible w/ the 2010 OB's revised roof rack. I know the Universal MM will work, but i'd prefer the model specific MM if there is such a thing. Thanks for any and all guidance.
Richard

·
Registered
Mostly stock 2012 6MT.
665 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2010 OB and want to transfer my Yakima Powderhoud ski rack to the new car. I know Yakima has discontinued the Mighty Mounts and there is no info on their website as to whether or not they ever produced something compatible w/ the 2010 OB's revised roof rack. I know the Universal MM will work, but i'd prefer the model specific MM if there is such a thing. Thanks for any and all guidance.
Richard
Have you considered the Landing Pad 12 system? It allows you to use the standard Yakima round bar. This is the best picture I have of mine.

If all you carry is snowboards/skis it's not worth the money. But if you carry bikes, kayaks, or basically anything other than snow stuff, it's totally worth the money.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Subaru sells clips similar to the mighty mounts that fit the factory crossbars. That's what we used to mount our Yakima bike mounts. It took a little jury rigging but the are totally secure.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT PZEV
225 Posts
Richard
I use the "Subaru branded" mounting clips for my Yakima ski racks. I believe they're made by Yakima specifically for the 2010+ factory cross bars and they work perfectly! I bought them from the parts department at my local Subaru dealership.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Yes, buy them from the dealer. They are made by Yakima, but no longer sold by Yakima. Sold in packs of 3 only for about $25. They are the same mounting clips that come with the Subaru accessory racks made by Yakima.

They'll also lower your height by about an inch more than the universal mounts, making it a little easier to reach and load, as well as lower your 'hazard height' by that much.

I could have really used that extra inch once when my bike got barely clipped, damaging bike, crossbars, and roof on my old Nissan Murano.

·
Registered
2011 2.5i base
270 Posts
The mounts from the dealership have grooves where the little rubber wind noise line fits.

I also have a couple sets of the Yakima mounts made for our bars (I think they're 23H) that are just sitting around if you're interested.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the helpful responses. I found the Subaru part# E361SAJ900 for the vertical Mighty Mount equivalent. I have to stop @ the dealer to have the ECM recall performed, so I'll price the parts then. Thanks again. Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts