Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the task of adding a Kenwood DNX5190 to my 2010 Outback (3.6R Limited with Harmon Kardon) today. I assumed the dash panel would be the worst part. I got lucky and had it off in 2 minutes. All has gone well until we get to the AWSC steering wheel control integration box.

I have spliced everything together as it says. After using the troubleshooting lights the first time, I realized that it thought my unit was a JVC, so I swapped in the resistor and now it acknowledges it as a Kenwood. However, my controls don’t work. I have reset the unit numerous times and redone the connection in question several times as well – no change.

After a reset, I get LED codes showing that all of the required wires are connected EXCEPT the Gray/Blue on Pin 11. I have checked the connection and it is fine. Still, it does not change its flash sequence to show that it works.

Two items of note, or maybe not….
While resetting one time, I left the unit on for a few minutes and suddenly the volume just started randomly increasing. I had to stop that using the knob on the head unit.

When I swap sources, I hear a faint pop through the speakers as if the amps are turning on and off with the source. This only happens the first time the source is selected. I am wondering if my amp power lead is connected wrong. I doubt this is related to the AWSC issue, but wanted to throw it out there anyway.

Does anyone have any advice? I can’t figure out what is wrong with my connection to Pin 11 (purple wire).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
832 Posts
After I sent you the PM I looked at the wiring for mine, and I think they may have changed the wiring for the '12. I would have to pull the unit out to verify but in my case I didn't have the wiring that would have connected to the grey/blue. Get the firmware updated and see if that helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...yet again. I tried to call them yesterday but was on hold for 20+ minutes. I will try again on Tuesday. It seems strange that the everything I read relates to issues with Pin 11 and the gray blue wire. It is out to get me, that is all there is to it.

On a brighter note the unit seems to be working along with the Sirius. Just no steering wheel controls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
GTScott
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing