Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2010 Outback. We recently noticed that the alarm system seems to be going off on its own. This morning I made sure all the doors, windows and hood were securely tight and pressed the lock button on the key fod to activate the alarm. I then walked across the street and within a couple minutes the car began making a beeping sound similar to when you unlock the car and a minute or so late the alarm went off full force. I tried it again and the same thing happened. Does anyone have any ideas? The owner manual didn't seem to specify. We had the enhanced alarm system installed by the dealer with the remote starter. Thanks.

·
Registered
'10 2.5i 6MT
51 Posts
I have seen this issue on other cars and it has always been a faulty door switch.

Bring it to the dealership, everything should be fixed under warrenty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The dealer can't see it until next week so I'd rather keep the alarm off until then to save battery and annoying others... Is there a way to lock the doors without setting the alarm? If we use the door lock button and do not use the key fod will we avoid setting the alarm?

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R Premium - w/ custom leather
77 Posts
I don't have my manual handy, but possibly there is a fuse that you can pull to disable the system?

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
15 Posts
See below for how to turn off your alarm. I have a similar issue going on and found it in the manual. I have a 2011 Outback so it should be the same for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts