Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to owning a used 2010 Subaru outback. I got the car in Sept 2019. I'm am not at all car knowledgeable. An older couple owned it before and I bought the car at 72,500 miles. Around 85,000 miles I started having an overheating issue but it didnt overheat everytime I drove it. I also started to hear a "swooshing" in the dash area of my car whenever I made a turn or came to a stop. I got the thermostat changed and did the bleeding to get the air out of the hose-I looked it up in YouTube. It seemed like I had to put a lot of anti freeze in the truck as well. Even after I would fill it up the next day when I would check it would need more. The car had been running fine but after a few days, coolant levels good, then "swooshing" sound came back and the car started overheating yesterday. All that to ask, could this be a head gasket issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like you still have air trapped in the system. Have someone do a proper air bleed.

Ok great thank you! I have someone that will be doing some minor repairs like my breaks, tune up ect so I'll mentioned this to him. I also dont have a temp gage in my car to tell me when the car is starting to get hot, I just get the red coolant light that pops up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts