Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an H3.6 Outback with only 4K miles : Sometimes when I let off the gas as in traffic or at a stopping, then as soon as I apply gentle gas peddle again , transmission abruptly slams into gear . Is there some adjustment on the transmission to fix that ? ( As it would seem to me that would put undue stress on the drivetrain , affecting it's longterm reliabilty. )

·
Registered
186 Posts
Take it to a dealer and tell them about it. They should know what to do (computer reprogramming). My 2010 had similar issue. In my case, when the car coast 15-20 mph, if I applied the gas.., it slammed the transmission too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response , gspec. The computer re-program totally got rid of the transmission slamming ? Who is your dealer ? , ( in case my dealer doesn't know what to do for that, they could confer with them.)

·
Registered
186 Posts
They had to do it twice, but yes it fixed the problem as far as I can tell. This when I was in Southern California, the dealer was Irvine Subaru. I'm sure your dealer knows what to do since this is a known problem (but then again I often tend to give people more credit than they deserve :))

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again gspec. Took it into dealer today and they found the TCM update and performed update. It didn't do it the 12 miles home but it was so sporadic before anyway, we'll see .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
TourNut
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing