Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 3.6 seems to shutter or buck for one second (loses perhaps 1/2-1 mile per hour) at 60-70 MPH at random times (maybe once a month). I keep waiting for it to cut out, but it is just a blip. Runs fine the rest of the time.

I thought that it might be water in the gas, but have since used a lot of different tanks. Any ideas?

Of course the dealer has no ideas....would this register on the computer and have a readable code?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Water in the gas sounds like the simplest issue to address. Treatment of dry gas or whatever local auto parts or Walmart carries is inexpensive and effective.

Other than that, bring it into the dealer as it's still under warranty.

Noah

·
Registered
2018, Outback Touring 3.6
41 Posts
Had the same thing happen. We have a 2011 3.6 Limited, and have had for about three weeks. Don't want to hijack the thread, but ours feels like it wants to downshift. It happened last friday on the highway, and happened to me last friday on a few side streets going 30 MPH.

We are taking it in tomm, to get the 30K mile maintenence done, and hopefully, they'll be able to read a code.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,487 Posts
Is the AC turned on when it does it? Even with the automatic on and a temperature setting higher than the ambient outside, the AC will run to dry out the air inside the passenger area. The compressor will cycle on and off based on low side pressure and evaporator temperature. When it cycles on it creates a load change on the engine and you may feel it as a "shudder" from the engine. Same when it cycles off only you may not notice it as much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None of the Above

AC was not on....and could not be water in the gas since it happens months apart....it is not like a little load, it is like it cuts out for 1/2 second...thanks for the ideas, though, keep them coming

1 - 5 of 5 Posts