Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

We have owned our 2011 3.6 R Outback for about a year and a half now, and for the most part it has been a wonderful car. However, throughout this time there has been this occasional "rumbling" that will occur during acceleration. It's a loud, chunky sound that vibrates the whole car when it happens. It used to happen very infrequently, but now it has been happening almost regularly; particularly when accelerating uphill.

I'm not sure what it is, but it reminds me a lot of driving a manual car when you are trying to accelerate in too high a gear for your current speed. I am assuming this is some issue with the transmission.

I had seen some other posts on this forum regarding a big loud sound when trying to accelerate from a near-stop, and I wasn't sure if this is the same issue or not. It seems like there were a number of folks reccomending a re-flash of a computer component that controls the transmission learning, and maybe this would help me too?

Has anybody here experienced anything similar or have any advice for my situation? Thank you very much for any advice!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
jujumbura
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing