Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018, Outback Touring 3.6
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to check out this 2011, 3.6R, Limited today. Any thoughts on specifics I should be looking for or asking about? The OB has around 27K miles. Looks clean, and I hope we can negotiate a fair price.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Look for a build date(drivers door frame) of 3/11 or later. That's when the factory addressed the "shaker" issue.

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,042 Posts
After the dealer fixed my 'shaker' issue, all that remains is the memory as there is no issue with my car anymore. It is important to keep an eye on the tire rotation and balance and to get rid of the OEM tires. You could make that part of your deal with the seller. I know I would, as the OEM tires suck.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 Premium
721 Posts
Check the service history and assure it hasn't been involved in an accident. Other than that, check for oil leaks and see how it drives. Ours was built in ~ September, 2010 and it drives straight & doesn't shake. No oil leaks, either.

·
Registered
2018, Outback Touring 3.6
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome info, thanks for all the tips. I think we got a pretty good deal, Manufacture date is 10/10, so we'll have to see about the "shaker" issue. The dealer was pretty good, but I couldn't get them to throw anything in, definitely will get new tires when they are due.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts