Subaru Outback Forums banner

2011 Engine Performance Enhancement by Gforce

8K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  MudRunner 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Those "chips" are pure crap. Steer clear.

The GForce module installs into your SUBARU OUTBACK's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor.
Any time you see something similar to this in a "chip" ad on ebay or elsewhere, basically all it is is a resistor or some other $.05 electrical piece that slightly alters the MAF reading, etc. Totally worthless.

If you want to tweak air/fuel ratios, get an air/fuel controller like a SAFC, etc.

#16 ·
Those "chips" are pure crap. Steer clear.

Any time you see something similar to this in a "chip" ad on ebay or elsewhere, basically all it is is a resistor or some other $.05 electrical piece that slightly alters the MAF reading, etc. Totally worthless.

If you want to tweak air/fuel ratios, get an air/fuel controller like a SAFC, etc.
Tks fat and everybody - I'll stay clear of this.

#3 ·
99.9% of chips are pure and total garbage.

If you want to reprogram the computer for different performance, it will run some $$$.
COBB is pretty popular with the Subaru crowd, although I'm not sure they have anything for the 2010 and newer yet.

#5 ·
I've had a few gear head buddies tell me the same thing about the whole ebay cheap chips thing. The basics of it the tuning stuff costs money and there is no way around it to get any sort of true performance gains over the stock set up besides spending some money on some good stuff.

As for the stock 2.5 since the early days back in 2000 the only real upgrades that could be done were suspension bits which many folks have started doing already with the RSB updates.

Subaru for a long time has had fairly unrestricted cold air intake systems so little to zero gain is seen from further updating or modification of these.

The turbo engine is really the only and best platform you can have some fun modifying given its built beefier and remains fairly reliable with performance updates etc.

#17 ·
#4 ·
Any who... Besides performance chips. What else can you do to an OB with a CVT to increase tourque and HP??

#6 ·
Thats kinda sad. Not that i really wanted a little street racer or anything. It would just be nice to make little queeks if i wanted to. Oh well.

I need to get some new tires any ways.

Sooo....now i wish subaru would come out with some better then oem suspension stuff :)

#9 ·
I quit spending money on extras years and years ago then again it happened right around the time I became a boat owner so that could be why. My trick stuff goes on my boats not on my cars LOL. Then again our club is nothing but sailors and the guys with the coolest boats drive some of the biggest junkers around LOL. Our biggest boat is a 56foot custom built rig with lots of carbon fiber probably just over a million bucks to build it. His car is a 1999 Ebay - stripped out basic cab 2wheel drive F150. Then again if I spent two months racing and cruising my 56ft sailboat in Mexico every year I'd probably care less what I drove too LOL.

#11 ·
I think i spend so much on her because im in her 3 hours a day almost every day. Next for me is an upgraded stereo and then I think im done.

#12 ·
When I had the hour and a half each way ride to work I ended up with a 600cc Honda lol. Dropped my commute to a very solid 45 minutes regardless of traffic. HA ha -- put 30K on that bike in 7yrs all commute miles. The car was an odd thing to ride in after a week of nothing but riding the bike at 52mpg - 0-100mph in 8 seconds. The car felt like a plush super quiet and slow ride that got stuck in traffic. I rode the bike so much that when I drove I caught my self eyeing the center line thinking I bet the subaru could fit through there ha ha.

A good friend way back in 97 rode his Honda NightHawk 750 to work every day at that point he had 150,000 miles on it. I'm not kidding when I say that very same bike gets ridden to work by him even now 3-5 days a week and last I checked he had 290,000 miles on it. You ask him how many chains he's replaced and he looses count around 8. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.