Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone worked on making the flasher click louder?
I have always wished mine was louder on my 2011 and had pretty much forgot about it until the other day I brought a new F150 home and have to say the thing I like the best about it is that the flasher is LOUD
and so now I am thinking again about looking to making the Subi turn flasher louder
has anyone been down this road yet? could not find anything with the search feature here

·
Registered
2005 OBW 2.5L, 1989 Subaru Justy, RIP Blu
7,355 Posts
They are electronic in subarus, not sure in the F150. What your hearing is the relay contacts in it. I don't think there is anything you can do about it as the trend in cars have been to make them as quiet as possible inside. trucks not so much.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Touring
1,412 Posts
When my dad was alive, he had TERRIBLE hearing, and would often drive for miles with his turn signal on. He could not hear the things, even tho they were pretty loud.
I hooked up a very small buzzer (maybe it was two), under the dash that would beep when the turn signals were on. Beep-beep-beep.
Worked great for him. Drove my mother nuts. But other drivers stopped trying to tell him his signal was on. Probably could have even saved them a bad accident.

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,042 Posts
There is that light in the gauge cluster too....If people only would pay attention when driving...

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
There is that light in the gauge cluster too....If people only would pay attention when driving...
+1, isn't it easier to just check the dash? You should probably be checking your speed every now and then anyway..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts