Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have searched and searched and been unable to find an answer. My husband had just purchased a new Pioneer head unit for his car, and his iPhone was working beautifully, streaming audio (and associated information onto the screen) via bluetooth. He updated the iOS and voila, no more info on screen, no more controlling song choice on screen.

My OB bluetooth streaming works beautifully, can control songs through head unit and through steering wheel controls, all via bluetooth without having to have it tethered to the car. I have resisted the iOS upgrade because I don't want to lose this functionality. I can NOT find, anywhere, whether or not the OB bluetooth mapping technology is supported by the new iOS (or vice-versa). Help? I have the HK nav with backup camera (if this matters - ?)

ANY assistance will be so very much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there! I have the same car, and I have a Verizon iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1. Things were a bit funky when I first upgraded my old 4S to 6.0 (it was weird: the phone would forget where I was on a playlist, and every time I started up the car, it would go back a few songs), but now it's working great. I think you should be okay to upgrade the software and still retain all of the functionality. I will say (and this has always been the case), that things are a bit weird with apps like Pandora and Spotify. The metadate (track/artist/album) show up okay on Spotify, but tend to get "frozen" (i.e. the track name will remain the same for the duration of an album) and the time is wrong, too (like, it'll just keep counting up instead of resetting at the next track). Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts