Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 OB, Limited...before had 2010 OB, Premium, 6MT, HK
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few months, the driver seat on my 2011 OB Limited has had a squeak that is easily reproducible. I just have to lean into the seat and it squeaks right in the middle of the back support. It almost feels like something is a bit 'off'.

I took it to the dealer today. The service adviser sat in it and immediately said he could feel something, and it squeaked right on cue.

I have the Subaru Gold Plus extended warranty. I thought this would probably be covered. However, I got a call from the adviser saying that problem "wasn't a part failure", so would not be covered. They just need to take the seat cover off and lubricate something.

I just dug through the warranty and found this blurb: "Other parts not covered are glass, weatherstrips, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, tires, hard and soft trim, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, brake rotors and drums, shock absorbers, air suspension assembly, battery, rust damage, wind noise, squeaks, rattles and cable or linkage adjustments."

I am a bit surprised that a generic "squeaks" is thrown in there as something not covered, as sometimes, a squeak could be indicative of a larger problem. There was a squeak coming from the passenger side about a year ago that was related to the seat rubbing against the seatbelt - they fixed it at no cost to me, so I am surprised that this was not covered.

Has anyone else had this particular issue? I've searched and found people who have mentioned the passenger seat/seatbelt squeak issue and another where they have to replace the seat frame. Didn't find one quite like what I experienced.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
Call SOA, describe the situation, and ask for their assistance. Let SOA make the call rather than the dealer - also let them know that you have purchased Subarus multiple times.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G-Omaha,

Thanks. I called yesterday on your suggestion, but their offices had already closed. I went ahead and sent an email to them through the feedback page. I got a note back from them today that asked that I send a PDF copy of the receipt. Curious what they say.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G-Omaha.

Thanks for giving me the idea to call in to SOA. After some phone tag, the Subaru rep finally left a message saying that they will send a check my way to reimburse for the repair. I emailed the rep to get a little more explanation. As I told him, the dealer has been pretty good to work with most of the time. I'm glad SOA took care of me in this case.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts