Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Crystal White Pearl Outback 2.5I Limited, black leather interior. Beautiful. With eyesight and all the goodies. Factory hitch. My second OB.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 OB with 2.5I uses about a quart of oil per 4000 Miles. I have close to 15K on the OB. I am using Subaru Gold Synthetic although I just added a qt of Mobile 1 5W-30. Should I be worried???

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 Premium
721 Posts
No, Subaru says that oil consumption is normal. Just keep an eye on it. If it increases dramatically then talk to the dealer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Subaru won't do anything for you unless you are over 1qt per 1200 miles. There is a long thread over on the Forester forum about oil consumption with the FB25 engine : ('09-'13) 2011 burning a lot of oil - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

There are a lot of people saying Amsoil or various other brands do much better than Subaru or Mobile one synthetic. Remember that you don't have the same engine that they do, but it's worth reading and maybe trying some of the recommended oil.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
That is within limits for pretty much any manufacture out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts